Builders…it’s a race to the finish!
So far two of them have the same approximate cost, but one stands out as being far more consultative regarding saving money where we can.
How do we save money? Every saving of a few hundred will add up and mean we can get motorised gates or stone benches!
So we look at everything:
- Reusing windows and internal doors from old part of house
- reducing height of ceiling in back room
- reducing the number of windows in back room (not by many)
- sourcing our own tiles and fittings for bathrooms
- remove skylights
- look at different materials for things like drive way, garden path etc
Next step, meet the other three builders but in the mean time get the draftsman started on working drawings. The longer we take the harder it will be to get them to start in Feb.